The primary drivers of change are:
- Growing economy.
- Increasing competition, new entrances.
- "Open" European Tender procedures.
- Environmental ruling drives and alter business decisions.
- Politic and public pressure to start seriously with the Model shift from road to Rail Transportation.
- Pressure on governments to bring forward rail investments.
- Push for a competitive market, whilst steering a careful and measured course through protective habits and resistance to change.
- Slow but gradual implementation of ERTMS.
- Political pressure to reduce CO2 and NOx emissions. As a result large investments are needed by both Government and companies.
What we see occuring in the market
- Mature principles and established values are no longer the optimum benchmark to success.
- Tender practices (i.e. European Tendering) are being won by companies who firstly, have nurtured a good relationship in the pre-tender phase to understand their needs. Secondly, have a highly dedicated and sharp Tender team to maximise the Tender score.
- Many companies have the right product providing the customer with outstanding results against the right price. Hence, new USP's are necessary to make a difference.